Release announcements via email?
Soul Plane
2014-09-25 18:40:49 UTC
I think I mentioned this last release but I would like to know when a new
version of Tails has been released rather than read it on the homepage
after I've already started a now insecure older version of Tails. Do you
have release announcements via e-mail? I know they used to be done at
amnesia-news-JOCAohE10QvhvxM+***@public.gmane.org

Also, what is the difference between tails-project-***@public.gmane.org and
tails-support-***@public.gmane.org? Is the project list more announcements intended for
developers meeting IRL?

Thanks
BitingBird
2014-09-25 21:39:01 UTC
Post by Soul Plane
I think I mentioned this last release but I would like to know when a new
version of Tails has been released rather than read it on the homepage
after I've already started a now insecure older version of Tails. Do you
have release announcements via e-mail? I know they used to be done at
Thanks for reporting this, we opened a ticket to fix our announces
(https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7947)
Post by Soul Plane
developers meeting IRL?
We have a page that explains tails-support:
https://tails.boum.org/support/tails-support/index.en.html

tails-project is the list where we discuss Tails'news, future plans etc
that don't concern code (events, organization, strategies, non-code
relationships with upstreams, this kind of things) as explained there:
https://tails.boum.org/news/Tails_HackFest_2014/index.en.html

A page to list all our mailing-lists and their respective scope is
planed (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7698). Help is welcome :)

Cheers,

BitingBird
Soul Plane
2014-09-27 17:37:31 UTC
Post by BitingBird
Post by Soul Plane
I think I mentioned this last release but I would like to know when a new
version of Tails has been released rather than read it on the homepage
after I've already started a now insecure older version of Tails. Do you
have release announcements via e-mail? I know they used to be done at
Thanks for reporting this, we opened a ticket to fix our announces
(https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7947)
Thank you I have received from amnesia-news the announcement that Tails
1.1.2 is out.

I am also subscribed to two RSS feeds on your website but I didn't receive
updates there either. I checked the feeds and they were updated but for
some reason I wasn't receiving the updates. I asked my provider who told me
they don't support the content type used in your RSS feeds, and for this
reason I did not receive the update that Tails 1.1.2 was released from the
feed. I checked both feeds against W3C and they are valid RSS feeds, but it
also says 'Feeds should not be served with the "application/x-rss+xml"
media type'.

https://tails.boum.org/news/index.en.rss
https://tails.boum.org/security/index.en.rss

As a workaround it was recommended I use feed sanitizer:

http://feedsanitizer.appspot.com/sanitize?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftails.boum.org%2Fnews%2Findex.en.rss&format=rss
http://feedsanitizer.appspot.com/sanitize?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftails.boum.org%2Fsecurity%2Findex.en.rss&format=rss
intrigeri
2014-09-27 18:57:44 UTC
Post by Soul Plane
I checked both feeds against W3C and they are valid RSS feeds, but
it also says 'Feeds should not be served with the
"application/x-rss+xml" media type'.
Thanks, good to know! However, we don't maintain the webserver
ourselves, so may you please report this to root-***@public.gmane.org?

FWIW, the Atom feeds don't have this issue, apparently.
(Just replace ".rss" with ".atom" in the URL.)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri