No Boot
Neil Sheppard
2014-10-23 18:08:19 UTC
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems trying to boot tails 1.2 onto my HP Envy m6.
I verified and installed iso image to DVD, changed BIOS settings accordingly and it does not boot.
i have tried the other settings to disable secure boot and also legacy but still nothing.
It works on another PC and even through virtualbox but not my laptop.
USB boot with manual install also doesn't work, it replies with boot warning.

I have read that some HP's do not allow booting from non-windows OS, is this the case and is there a workaround?

Flim
goupille
2014-10-23 19:29:58 UTC
Hi,

thanks for reporting that, but it lacks some details... could you read
that page:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/tails_does_not_start/index.en.html

and make a proper bug report?

all the known problematic hardware is there:

https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/index.en.html

cheers.