password for amnesia
Tarcisio Praciano-Pereira
2014-10-11 23:35:10 UTC
I have run tails from DVD and have select a password for administrativia
but later it was not possible neither use this pass with amnesia nor in a
root terminal. There is a standard password for amnesia?

Tarcisio
--
“If nothing else, always question authority. We don’t progress as a
society unless we question. Don’t accept what others tell you. Learn for
FSF-member # 6657
Emma Peel
2014-10-13 17:09:02 UTC
On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 20:35:10 -0300
Post by Tarcisio Praciano-Pereira
I have run tails from DVD and have select a password for
administrativia but later it was not possible neither use this pass
with amnesia nor in a root terminal. There is a standard password for
amnesia?
You should be able to use it to log in on the root terminal and also
as amnesia user when doing for example sudo.

Note that you will need to re-enter it every time you boot Tails to be
able to become root (although it can be a different password everytime,
of course)
Matsa
2014-10-13 17:12:56 UTC
Hi Tarcisio,
Post by Tarcisio Praciano-Pereira
I have run tails from DVD and have select a password for
administrativia but later it was not possible neither use this pass
with amnesia nor in a root terminal. There is a standard password for
amnesia?
What exactly happens when you set up a root password[1], then open a
terminal, from 'Applications → Accessories → Terminal', and
type 'sudo -i' ?

[1]https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/startup_options/administration_password