Forensics on Tails 1.1.2 persistent volume.
Marcos Eugenio Kehl
2014-10-02 14:27:13 UTC
Hello white hats and Tails developers!
I have created a persistent volume in my Tails 1.1.2 usb device. Worked very well and I saved important docs inside it for testing.
As I understand, the persistent volume uses Luks encryption.

1. But what kind of encryption? AES 256 bits?
What level of security this persistent volume provides me against forensics tools like Helix, Kali, Encase, Authopsy, Vinetto, brute force... supposing I have this volume protected under a very strong password?

2. What kind of metadata could be recovered after formating this usb device? Just a mess of encrypted algorithms?

I intend to use Tails as my graduation theme at university.
Many thanks especially to "mercedes508".

Marcos Kehl (Brasil)
intrigeri
2014-10-02 15:50:35 UTC
https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/index.en.html#index15h2
Post by Marcos Eugenio Kehl
2. What kind of metadata could be recovered after formating this usb device? Just a mess of encrypted algorithms?
What do you mean by "formatting" exactly?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri