[Tails-dev] Installation USB-Stick
Jean Seurin
2014-09-30 02:27:31 UTC
I'm having the same problem with a 2Gb stick.
I have tried to format with MBR and GUID but the error persists.

Behaviour is the same from a DVD booted instance or Tails VM.

I've been able to manually install Tails on this USB stick without problem though.

Is it a problem with my USB key? I've seen a list of problematic keys, mine is a random one, no particular brand label on it.

Cheers
Emma Peel
2014-09-30 15:51:10 UTC
On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:27:31 +0800
Post by Jean Seurin
I'm having the same problem with a 2Gb stick.
I have tried to format with MBR and GUID but the error persists.
Behaviour is the same from a DVD booted instance or Tails VM.
I've been able to manually install Tails on this USB stick without problem though.
Is it a problem with my USB key? I've seen a list of problematic
keys, mine is a random one, no particular brand label on it.
Tails will not work correctly on USB sticks of less than 4GB, as
explained in https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/installation/