Second Macbook Pro question
dachaffa
2014-09-24 03:22:17 UTC
Hi all,

My Wifi lists as an AIrPort Extreme / Broadcom BCM43xx (I have an Apple Mac
Pro 13 inch, 2013). Tails does not detect it.

I have previously sent an email to this support list - and have been able
to come up with a short term solution of using an USB Ethernet adaptor.

Is there some manual process I can run once booted into Tails to enable
Wifi support?

thanks!

Ryan.
mercedes508
2014-09-28 18:02:16 UTC
Hi,
Post by dachaffa
My Wifi lists as an AIrPort Extreme / Broadcom BCM43xx (I have an
Apple Mac Pro 13 inch, 2013). Tails does not detect it.
Could you please try with Tails 1.1.2 to see if it changes anything?

Cheers.
dachaffa
2014-09-29 11:09:06 UTC
Hey there

I have just manually updated to 1.1.2 and unfortunately it has not resolved
the issue

It detects no wifi device.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Hi,
Cheers.
intrigeri
2014-09-29 12:47:39 UTC
Hi,
Post by dachaffa
I have just manually updated to 1.1.2 and unfortunately it has not resolved
the issue
I suspect the numerous recent discussions on tails-dev-***@public.gmane.org about
the broadcom-sta drivers might be relevant.

Cheers!