No network connection
Mike McCane
2014-10-17 19:03:33 UTC
Hello! I am having issues with connecting to the internet through Tails. I
have had this problem since 1.1.2, which as you might imagine, severely
limits what I can do with the OS. The network manager will request an IP
from DHCP, wait about 30 seconds, and display the Disconnected message. I
have disabled MAC spoofing, and this does not remedy the problem.I have
tried setting IPv6 to Ignore, yielding the same result. I am running a
wired connection to a router with DHCP, which normally acquires an address
just fine outside of Tails.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Mike
Soul Plane
2014-10-18 03:36:17 UTC
Post by Mike McCane
Hello! I am having issues with connecting to the internet through Tails. I
have had this problem since 1.1.2, which as you might imagine, severely
limits what I can do with the OS. The network manager will request an IP
from DHCP, wait about 30 seconds, and display the Disconnected message. I
have disabled MAC spoofing, and this does not remedy the problem.I have
tried setting IPv6 to Ignore, yielding the same result. I am running a
wired connection to a router with DHCP, which normally acquires an address
just fine outside of Tails.
I don't know a lot about Tails but I noticed nobody else replied to this.
Do you have multiple network interfaces? Try turning off the wireless if
you have that. Usually there's a switch. Are you using Tails in a VM?
Mike McCane
Mike McCane
goupille
2014-10-21 17:01:55 UTC
Hi,

your problem seems lot alike this one:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8034

could you try to send the logs of a working version of Tails ?

cheers.

intrigeri
2014-10-19 08:56:01 UTC
Hi,
Post by Mike McCane
Hello! I am having issues with connecting to the internet through Tails. I
have had this problem since 1.1.2, which as you might imagine, severely
limits what I can do with the OS. The network manager will request an IP
from DHCP, wait about 30 seconds, and display the Disconnected message. I
have disabled MAC spoofing, and this does not remedy the problem.I have
tried setting IPv6 to Ignore, yielding the same result. I am running a
wired connection to a router with DHCP, which normally acquires an address
just fine outside of Tails.
Any help would be appreciated!
We'll need more information. See the "No Internet access" section on
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri