Shutdown/Reboot Problem
Grace H.
2014-09-28 10:37:35 UTC
Hello,

I am using 1.1.2. I have problem with shutdown/reboot. I see memory
wiping warning and I am asked to remove the usb. When I remove, I am
just presented with "caching boot files" and "starting new kernel".
The device is not shutdown nor rebooted. I have tried this with
different laptops with different hardware but it is still the same. Any
ideas?

Here is the basic system info:

Build information:
1.1.2 - 20140924
c054db1e0fe964119c975ec432948d6960a18b66
live-build: 3.0.5+really+is+2.0.12-0.tails1
live-boot: 3.0.1-1
live-config: 3.0.23-1

Regards,
Grace H.
D8C9 EF71 ADC3 0533 29DE 3A80 1152 D1CB 8D9C 47FD
intrigeri
2014-09-29 15:33:07 UTC
Post by Grace H.
I am using 1.1.2. I have problem with shutdown/reboot. I see memory
wiping warning and I am asked to remove the usb. When I remove, I am
just presented with "caching boot files" and "starting new kernel".
The device is not shutdown nor rebooted. I have tried this with
different laptops with different hardware but it is still the same. Any
ideas?
This looks like known issues on some hardware:
https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/

Please send a complete bug report so that we know if it's one of those
known problematic hardware/firmware, or a new one.

Cheers!