PROBLEM
Burlacu Tiberiu
2014-10-22 14:44:30 UTC
Hello,

1.I am trying to start the last verion of Tails(1.2 released I think in
october 2014).
2. Yes, I did verify the iso image, manually in the Ubuntu terminal
3. My laptop is HP Probook 4540s
4. When I pun the usb stick in the appropiate port, everything just
freezes.(I tried going to the boot options and selecting UEFI and
rearranging the Boot list- yet still when I put the usb in the laptop
everything just freezes).
5. USB DISK 2.0 (PMAP) 4.1GB
6. I have not been able to start Tails on this computer before, as this is
my first attept at using this OS.
7. I have not tried running the OS on other computers.
8. I have not tried different instalation methods(i.e. DVD)
9. In order to install Tails, I used the method pointed out on the official
tails website.

I hope to hear from you soon
Best regards
intrigeri
2014-10-22 15:06:34 UTC
Hi,
Post by Burlacu Tiberiu
4. When I pun the usb stick in the appropiate port, everything just
freezes.(I tried going to the boot options and selecting UEFI and
rearranging the Boot list- yet still when I put the usb in the laptop
everything just freezes).
Is plugging the USB stick enough to freeze this computer?

Is the computer turned on when you're doing that, and if yes, what is
its current state (running another operating system)?

Could you please describe in more details what you mean by "everything
just freezes"?
Post by Burlacu Tiberiu
7. I have not tried running the OS on other computers.
May you please try?
Post by Burlacu Tiberiu
9. In order to install Tails, I used the method pointed out on the official
tails website.
That is? There are a few methods documented on our website, so please
tell us exactly the URL of the documentation you've followed.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
--
intrigeri